How to Safely Put On an Adult Brief
Adult briefs are essential for those with incontinence or a physical disability that makes going the bathroom difficult. Incontinence products are special garments that are designed to provide protection from leakage for people experiencing bladder or bowel incontinence.
They are a form of protective underwear that can be used for both men and women. Putting them on can be intimidating, especially when your patient has stability concerns, but with the right steps, it’s easy to do—and safer too! Here’s what you need to know:
Understanding Adult Briefs
Adult briefs are designed with a strong absorbent material that helps contain any unexpected leakage while providing a comfortable fit. They come in either pull-up or pre-fastened styles and usually have a cloth-like exterior, which makes them more discreet than other women's and men's incontinence products.
The benefits of using adult briefs include better odor control, fewer skin irritations, less frequent changes needed throughout the day, and improved comfort overall.
How to Put an Adult Brief on Someone Else
As a caregiver, before you begin putting an adult brief on someone else, you will want to make sure you have all the necessary materials handy such as gloves (to protect against bacteria), wipes (for cleaning), and a fresh diaper (for changing). Once you have everything ready it’s time to start the process of putting on an adult brief:
• Position your loved one on their side before putting on the adult brief.
• Slide the incontinence brief up their legs, with a towel between the knees for support.
• Cover your loved one's buttocks with the back of the brief.
• Turn the loved one onto their back and lift the front panel of the brief over their belly.
• Fasten each side of the tabs one at a time and center the briefs to make adjustments.
• Ensure that the brief is snug but not too tight and that it does not cut off blood flow.
How to Put an Adult Brief On Yourself
If you’re wearing an adult brief yourself there are some steps to take before fastening tabs in order to ensure optimal comfort and fit:
1) Make sure you’re standing up straight with your legs slightly apart when putting on the brief so that they don’t bunch up around your waist or legs when walking around later on;
2) Pre-fasten velcro tabs by pulling them outwards away from each other before adjusting according to personal preference;
3) Wrap the top sheet around your body ensuring there is no gap between the front & back panels;
4) Take few steps forward & adjust tabs if needed until fit is snug & comfortable;
5) Discard used supplies & wash hands after use.
Find Maximum Protection and Comfort with Underx Adult Briefs!
Dealing with bladder or bowel incontinence can be difficult but having access to reliable incontinence products can make managing symptoms easier over time. Being able to put an adult brief onto someone else or oneself correctly is essential in order ensure safety & comfort when wearing these items throughout the day. For those needing additional support selecting the right product & applying it safely, there are resources available online through reputable websites and organizations dedicated solely to assisting individuals living with incontinence issues.
If you're looking for high-quality elderly incontinence products that are comfortable, discreet, and provide maximum protection against leaks, then look no further than Underx. Our products are designed with the highest standards in mind so you can be confident that they'll keep you feeling secure and safe throughout your day. Click here to explore our selection of adult briefs and find the perfect one for you today!